Today we at MyOnlineCA talk about how to activate cancelled gst registration. If you want to activate cancelled GST Number then this article will help you. How can you again submit application for Revocation of GST Registration Cancellation.
Revocation of cancelled GST registration can be done if you filed revocation within prescribed time period otherwise you will not be able to revoke. You need to file a form for revocation within 30 days of asking for cancellation. Revocation can be done when GST certificate canceled by the authorities, if you cancelled your certificate then you cannot revoke, revocation only can be done when authorities cancelled the GST certificate.
How To Activate cancelled gst registration
If you are a registered taxable person then you can apply for activation of cancellation GST registration under GST laws within a 30 days from the date of service of order for dropping of GST registration. There is condition that you can revoke your cancelled GST registration only when the registration has been cancelled by the GST authorized officer. A person cannot revoke his cancelled GST Registration when it has been cancelled by voluntarily.
Book Free Consultation Right Now
Revocation application for cancellation of GST Registration
There is online procedure for revocation so it can be done online for which you have to visit the official website of GST then you have to follow below following steps for revocation of GST registration-
- As above mentioned, firstly you have to visit the official website of GST for the filing of application for cancellation of GST registration.
- Click on the login button on the website.
- Then you have to login with your username and Password. Enter correct password and username otherwise you will not be able to login to your account. Then fill the captcha and click on the login button.
- Then you have to click on the ‘services’ button, when you click on this you will find many other options then you have to choose ‘application for revocation of cancelled registration’ button. After clicking on this button, a new web page will open where you will find the option of reason of revocation, you have to fill the reason for revocation then have to submit the that and then you have to attach the supporting documents.
- After attaching the supporting documents, you need to select the verification checkbox where you have to verify your revocation and have to fill name of authorized signatory and have to fill other required details like place, name others.
- Then you can also save your form and retrieve it later or you can submit your form. When you click on the submit button, you will get an OTP number on your Email or on your phone number registered at the GST portal. After getting an OTP number, you have to fill that OTP number for validating your form on the website. Then you will get an acknowledgement letter, you will also get a message of acknowledgment on your registered mobile number.
- Then concerned officer will check your application and if he satisfied with application then he proceed further. If he satisfied with reasons mentioned for revocation in application then he will revoke your cancelled GST registration and passed an order accordingly.
- You will get an Email or SMS on your registered mobile number for the approval of revocation of cancelled GST registration and then your GSTIN will be active again.
- If concerned officer thinks that your reasons mentioned in application for revocation is not sufficient then he will reject your application and your GST identification number will be remain inactive.
- If you don’t want to follow the online procedure then there is another option is the filing of Form GST REG-21 for revocation of canceled GST registration, it can be filed offline. You can download this form from the website then you need to fill the form offline and after filling the form you have to send this form to the office of GST, it takes more time than online procedure so you can choose according to your need.
How to activate cancelled GST registration after 30 days-
As above mentioned you need to file an application form revocation within 30 days so there is no rule of after 30 days, if you want to revoke your canceled GST registration then you need to file an application for revocation of cancellation of GST registration within 30 days of service of the order of cancellation.
Conclusion on activate cancelled gst registration
As you can see in the above given article that revocation of canceled GST registration can be done only within 30 days of service of the order of cancellation otherwise you will not be able to revoke your canceled GST registration and it can only revoke when cancellation is done by the GST authority otherwise it will not be revoked.
As you can see that online procedure is faster than the offline procedure and the online procedure is very easy and simple, you can visit the official website of GST of filing your application for revocation of GST registration. You have to mention your reason for revocation in your application and then have to submit your application on the website, if the concerned officer thinks your reasons are satisfactory then your GST number will be revoked by the officer.