In this Article we will let you know about ITR V Acknowledgement. Income tax return filing is mandatory as per the Indian taxation laws and you may have to face legal consequences in case of failure of income tax filing. When we file an income tax of a company or limited liability partnership, we have to do it with digital signature so that authorized person can file income tax on the behalf of a company or limited liability partnership. In case if digital signature is not used during the filing of income tax then you have to file ITR V form to CPC, it is a type of acknowledgement form. This article talks about the ITR V Acknowledgement and procedure of filing this.
ITR V Acknowledgement
When a taxpayer file income tax return without using digital signature then filing of ITR V is mandatory. Basically it is an acknowledgement of verification of your income tax return. For e.g. if you filed an income tax return without digital signature then you have to file the ITR V Acknowledgement within 120 days from e-filing of income tax return.
You will get your ITR-V (acknowledgement) in your email from the income tax department of India and it simply means Income tax return verification form. It is mandatory process because income tax department will verify your income tax return by ITR-V form. If you do not receive any ITR-V form within 24 hours of e-filing then you can check your status online or you can download your ITR-V form from the website of Income tax department of India. After downloading you have to sign the printed form and have to send it to the CPC Bangalore.
During filing of ITR-V form you have to keep in mind that you should use blue ink pan during signing of acknowledgement form and then you have to send it to the CPC Bangalore office and you should not fold your ITR-V form and enclose the form in an A-4 size envelope.
How to Download ITR V Acknowledgement
If you did not receive your ITR-V form within 24 hours from the e-filing then you have to download your ITR-V from the website of Income Tax department of India.
- First you have to visit the official website of income tax department of India that is https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Then you have to log in your account, you have to enter your registered username and password to log in your account.
- Then you have to select the option of “view returns/forms” from menu so you can see your e-filed tax returns.
- Then you have to click on the acknowledgement link, then you can download your ITR V.
- After download, you can open the ITR V with the password and password is your PAN number in lower letters along with the date of birth.
- Then you can print your form, and you have to sign the document by blue ink pan and you should not use other ink pan because it is mandatory to sign by blue ink pan only. And have to enclose the form in A4 size envelope. Then you have to send ITR-V form to the CPC Bangalore within 4 months from the date of e-filing and address of CPC Bangalore is Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, and Bengaluru.
As you can see in above article that ITR-V form is very important if filing of income tax return is done without any digital signature then you have to verify your income tax return by filing of ITR-V form. As you can see that it is an acknowledgement by the taxpayer that yes I have filed this income tax return and you will get your ITR-V form within 24 hours of e-filing through e-mail and if you not found then you have to download this form from the website of income tax department of India. Procedure of downloading an ITR-V form is very easy and you have to send it to the CPC Bangalore office. CPC stands for Central processing center form income tax returns and income tax department of India set CPC office in Bangalore so you have to send your ITR-V form to Bangalore office. So in case you forget your downloading ITR-V you should download it and send it to the CPC Bangalore because it is mandatory process of income tax filing.