In this article we will discuss about FSSAI License for Home Kitchen or FSSAI Registration for Home Kitchen with Cost Documents and Procedure. When you have Home Kitchen you need to careful about under which categories you have to apply for The Food Standards and Safety Authority of India (FSSAI) license and which food categories have to be selected and what documents will be required and how much fee will be required. We will discuss all this step by step.
FSSAI License for Home Kitchen
If you want to set up a home kitchen especially for Swiggy or Zomato, then the first step is to check whether GST is applicable on your product or not. And if you do not have GST and want to apply, then the best way is to first apply for GST and after getting GST, you can go with FSSAI license.
And if there is no requirement of GST then you can apply directly for the FASI license.
There are three types of licenses in FSSAI which we will discuss one by one.
- Basic Registration of FSSAI. [its need when your turnover or sales is less than 12 Lakh Rupees in a Year]
- State license.
- Central license
FSSAI Registration for Home Kitchen
Now we will discuss in detail the Basic Registration of FSSAI which is generally required by people to start a business.
- When you are starting a business, always remember that you do not require any license, you simply have to apply for basic registration of FSSAI.
- It is compulsory for anyone intending to do food business to get FSSAI food safety registration. It doesn’t just involve food preparation but also all the people who handle the food at many ways before it finally reaches the customer, such as raw material, manufacturing, processing, mess, canteen along with packing and distribution has to be done with agencies that have the rights to sell them.
Documents required for FSSAI Basic Registration :
- Passport size photo
- PAN Card/ Aadhar Card which should be on both the front and back side.
- Also, whatever is the address of the home kitchen from where you are starting the business and that address is not mentioned in your Aadhar card, then in case you will have to provide the ownership proof address of that place.
- For example, suppose you have your own house, then the best thing is that you can use the electricity bill and prepare a No Objection Certificate (NOC) on stamp paper in the name of the person whose name is mentioned on the electricity bill. And it can be written that this person is giving me permission to apply for FSSAI license at this place and run this business.
- And on the other hand, if we talk about rented apartments, then you can apply for FSSAI license by attaching a copy of electricity bill, copy of NOC, copy of rent agreement etc.
- FSSAI declaration form will have to be filled.
The first thing when you start a business is the basic registration of FSSAI and its limit is Rs12 lakh and your turnover is sales and your limit is below Rs 12 lakh, only then you can apply for this license.
FSSAI License for Home Kitchen Cost
- When you are filling the application form FSSAI registration fee of ₹100 has to be paid.
- The FSSAI licence fee have to be paid from Rs 2000 Rs to 7,500 per year.
- For modification of license and certificate, Rs 1000 will have to be paid for license and Rs 100 for registration.
- For renewal of license and certificate, the same fee has to be paid as for new registration.