Complete Guide on How You Can Register on Flipkart as a Seller Registration. Step by Step process to Register any product , device or as a company or any type of business registration process with legal things.
These days every know about the Marketplaces like Flipkart/Snapdeal/Amazon/Shopclues but traditional sellers don't know about that how to register on Flipkart as a Merchant.
Flipkart have 3 Crore Registered Users , 1 Crore Daily Page Visits and 80 Lakh Shipments Every Month.
So Legal Steps taken to Register on Flipkart :-
Update on 04/07/2017
a) Get New GST Registration.
b) Get the Business Registration in case of LLP or Pvt Ltd Company Registration or OPC etc.
c) Get Current Bank Account on the Company or Firm Name.
d) Go to Flipkart Seller Portal and Upload your details with the documents.
e) Verified by the Flipkart seller team and start selling online.
What is the GST Registration in case of the Ecommerce Business ?
GST Registration is required in case of the Ecommerce Business where you want to sell the products online through ecommerce aggregators. So now VAT/CST or TIN Number has been discontinued and you have to apply only for the GST Registration with your documents.
Documents Required for the GST Registration ?
a) Pan Card Copy
b) Aadhar Card Copy
c) Electricity Bill Copy of premise.
d) Bank Statement Copy or Passbook Front Page
e) Passport Size Photograph.
Tip : if you need GST Registration Online then India's leading legal service provider company myonlineca can help you. just go to our GST Landing page and place a request with your details.
Flipkart marketplace is based on simple following steps :-
1. Listing: This is where you add information about the products that you want to sell. This step is very important as it helps a buyer make a purchasing decision depending on the information given by you.
To start listing, you have to log on to the seller portal and go to the ‘Listings’ tab. Here you can choose ‘Add a listing’ for already existing products on Flipkart or choose ‘Add listings in bulk’ to upload details about new products.
When you choose ‘Add Listings in bulk’, you will get a catalogue file, which is an excel sheet where you can fill in all the necessary details of your products.
Upload the file on the portal for quality check. Once the quality check is complete, we will update you regarding any errors that needs to be corrected. Once all entries are checked, the file is marked as approved.
If you have trouble with this step, you can get in touch with our third-party partners who will help you update the catalogue file or help you take professional photographs of your products.
2. Updating price and stock count of your listings: Under the ‘Listings’ tab, go to ‘My listings’. Here, in the non-live tab, you can update the product price, stock count etc. Once added, these listings move to the ‘Live’ tab and are ready to sell.
But before you go live and start selling, you need to upload any documents that you might have missed out earlier. For example, your PAN, TAN, address proof, ID proof etc. Make sure all details are verified as well.
3. Fulfilling orders or order management includes the following steps:
4. Handling returns: When a buyer is unhappy with the product, he may want to return it. This involves refund, exchange or replacement. Returns lead to buyer satisfaction making you a preferred seller.
5. Payments: Payments are released thrice a week and within a specified number of days and are subject to commission or cancellation fees. A Seller Protection Program also exists to take care of damages when you are not at fault. Your grievances will be taken into consideration and resolved.
6. Track Performance: Track your performance as your sales, quality of service and other factors help you become a preferred seller on Flipkart. A metrics tab on your seller portal gives you the necessary information to check your performance.
Below PPT and Video Shows you how you can upload the docs and sign up with Flipkart.
We are present Some FAQ thats is common questions for every entrepreneurs who's wanna register on Flipkart.
1. What is a seller account?
Seller account is the credentials that you use to operate on the Flipkart seller portal. A seller account is created as soon as the seller successfully signs up during the first step of the registration process.
2. How do I register?
You can start the registration process by going to https://seller.flipkart.com and clicking on the “Start Selling” button.
3. When is the registration process complete?
The registration is completed after you have provided all the required information during the 3-step registration process, filled out Manage Profile, and carried out all the verification processes.
4. Why do I need to verify my email address?
The email address you have provided now will be set as your login email and primary contact email. You can use login email ID to log on to your Flipkart seller account. You will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primary contact email address.
5. Can I change my contact email later?
You can only update the primary contact email but not the login email. You will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primary contact email. You can update it on the Manage Profile page after you have completed your registration.
6. Why do I have to verify my mobile number?
The contact number you have provided now will be set as your login contact number and primary contact number. You can use your login contact number to log on to your Flipkart seller account. You will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primarycontact number.
7. Can I change my contact number later?
You can only update the primary contact number but not the login contact number. You can change it on the Manage Profile page after you have completed your registration. You
will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primary contact number.
8. What should I do if my Pin Code is not serviceable?
You can try any other Pinodes from where you can sell or wait for the Pin Code you entered to become serviceable. It is recommended that you save the details of your Pin Code and categories by clicking on the ‘Continue’ button.
9. Will I face any problem if my pick up address is different from my Registered TIN/VAT?
As long as the pick up address is in the same state as your registered TIN, it is not a problem.
10. Is VAT/TIN document mandatory for selling?
Yes, VAT/TIN document is required for selling products other than books and fabric. However, you can complete your seller registration process without the VAT/TIN.
11. How will I be notified when my Pin Code becomes serviceable?
You will receive an email on your primary contact email address notifying you on the serviceability of the Pin Code you want to sell from
12. How will I be notified when my category becomes available?
You will receive an email on your primary contact email address notifying you on the availability of the category you want to sell in.
13. What is PAN? Why is it required?
Permanent account number (PAN) is a unique alphanumeric combination issued by the Income Tax department. PAN is a must as per tax regulations. Please provide your company's PAN OR individual PAN, in case you are the proprietor. PAN is mandatory to sell onFlipkart.
14. What is TIN/VAT? Why is it required?
It is Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) mentioned in the Value Added Tax (VAT) registration certificate. TIN is mandatory if you wish to sell products other than books and fabric.
However, you can complete your registration process without the VAT/TIN.
15. What is TAN? Why is it required?
TAN refers to Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number, which is a 10 digit alphanumeric number. TAN document is used by Flipkart to apply for ‘NIL withholding certificates’.
It is non mandatory.
16. Why should my business name be same as the TIN?
Government rules dictate that business name should be the same as in the TIN.
17. Can I update my PAN/TIN/TAN later on?
Yes, you can update the PAN/TIN/TAN details on the Manage Profile page after you have completed the registration steps. But the documents haven’t yet been verified. After the documents are verified, you can raise a ticket with Seller Support to update thedocuments.
18. How can a TIN/PAN discrepancy occur?
A TIN/PAN discrepancy can occur if:
· The TIN/PAN provided by you while registering your business does not match the number on the scanned copy of VAT registration certificate/PAN card uploaded by you
· Another seller registers under the same TIN/PAN
19. Why is the status of my account pending?
The status of an account could be pending because of the following reasons:
· Registration steps are incomplete
· Manage Profile is not filled out
· Verifications are pending
· Bank account has changed
· Primary phone number has changed
· Primary email address has changed
· Area Pin Code is not serviced by Flipkart Marketplace
· KYC process is pending
20. What does an ‘inactive’ account status mean?
An inactive account means that you can’t sell, list, get payments, and process existing orders. However, you can log on to your account and access your seller portal and respond to buyer actions.
21. How will my seller account become inactive?
Your account could become inactive for anyof the following reasons:
· KYC process is incomplete
· KYC has failed
· You have a high settlement defect rate
· You have a high return rate
22. What can I do to make my inactive account active?
You can do the following to help Flipkart Marketplace reactivate your seller account:
· Comply with the KYC process
· Lower your settlement defect rate
· Lower your return rate
23. What does a ‘Blacklisted’ account status mean?
A blacklisted account means you will not be allowed to log on to your account. Once blacklisted, your will not be able to access your seller account and your products will no longer be visible on www.flipkart.com.
24. Why will my seller account be blacklisted?
An account could be blacklisted for one of the following reasons:
· Selling fake products
· Poor performance
· Fake claims
· Breach of contract
· Selling prohibited products
· Violation of Mature Audience Listing Policy
· Consistent negative feedback
· High number of disputes
· MRP breach
· Threat and abuse
· Fake reviews/ratings
25. If I were blacklisted, how can I be reinstated?
A seller can re-apply after 6 months to be reinstated. Flipkart will consider the request and make a decision.
26. What does an ‘active’ account status mean?
An active account means you can log on to your seller account and access your listings you can sell, and respond to buyer actions.You will also receive payments for orders fulfilled.
27. Who is a preferred seller?
A preferred seller is one who is considered the best for a particular product and is shown at the top of the sellers’ list. A seller becomes preferred based on parameters such as settlement defect rate, last sale, SLA, price, etc. However, not every preferred seller for a product is a trusted seller and a trusted seller may not be a preferred seller.
28. Who is a Tier-2 seller?
All new sellers are Tier-2 sellers. When a seller’s settlement defect rate becomes less than 5% consistently for one month and s/he completes 30 successful transactions, s/he graduates to Tier 1
29. Who is a Tier-1 seller and what are its benefits?
A Tier-1 seller is one who has completed at least one month on Flipkart Marketplace with at least 30 successful transactions and a settlement defect rate of less than 5%. However, a Tier-1 seller can backslide to Tier-2 if the settlement defect rate exceeds 5%. The payment process for a Tier-1 seller is faster: dispatch date + 5 business days.
30. When does a seller move from Tier 2 to Tier 1?
When a tier 2 seller fulfils all the following conditions, S/he moves to tier 1:
Must have been on Flipkart Marketplace for at least one month
Must have at least 30 successful transactions
Must have a settlement defect rate of less than 5%
31. When does a seller move from Tier 1 to Tier 2?
When the settlement defect rate exceeds 5%, a tier 1 seller slides back to tier 2.
32. How does a seller return to Tier-1 from Tier-2?
A seller who has slid to Tier-2 from Tier-1 can return to Tier 1 by bringing his settlement defect rate to less than 5% consistently for a month.
33. What is the impact on the seller when moved from one tier to another?
Different tiers have different settlement terms:
The payment settlement for a Tier-1 seller is: dispatch date + 5 business days.
The payment settlement for a Tier-2 seller is: dispatch date + 10 business days.