VAT and CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana is very important registration which is needed by the VAT Dealer or Manufacturer or Ecommerce Sellers. Today at Legal Adda we talk about How to Apply for the VAT & CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana State. In Hyderabad or Telangana State VAT or CST Registration is required by most the dealers which are dealing in the VAT eligible products or which want to sell Online on Flipkart or Snapdeal or Amazon.
Even due to increase the ecommerce industry everyone want to start the business with the leading ecommerce website which is required mainly VAT or CST Registration from the Sellers.
Introduction on Hyderabad or Telangana State VAT
VAT (Value Added Tax) is chargeable if the sales of goods:
- are made in the State of Telangana
- are made by a VAT dealer in the State
- are made in the course of or in furtherance of a business; and
- are not specifically exempt or zero-rated.
Any dealer conducting a business or planning to conduct a business may apply for VAT registration. However all dealers conducting a business must register for VAT from the date they commence business if they believe their taxable turnover will exceed a threshold of Rs.40 lakhs in twelve consecutive calendar months. Further, all persons must register for VAT if their taxable turnover exceeds Rs.10 lakhs for the preceding three consecutive calendar months.
Irrespective of their taxable turnover the following dealers must register for VAT at the commencement of their business:
- Every dealer importing goods in the course of business from outside the territory of India;
- Every person residing outside the State but carrying on business within the State;
- Every dealer registered or liable to be registered under the Central Sales Tax Act 1956,
or any dealer making purchases or sales in the course of inter-state trade or commerce
or dispatches any goods to a place outside the State otherwise than by way of sale;
- Every dealer liable to pay tax at Special rates specified in Schedule VI of the AP VAT Act 2005;
- Every commission agent, broker, del credere agent (Salesperson in agency), auctioneer or any
other mercantile agent by whatever name called, who carries on the business of buying, selling,
supplying or distributing
goods on behalf of his non-resident principal;
- Every person availing an industrial incentive in the form of a tax holiday or tax deferment;
- Every dealer executing any works contract exceeding Rs 5 lakhs for the State Govt.
or a local authority and any dealer executing works contracts and opting to pay tax by way
Notably, if the dealer wishes to make inter-state purchases or sales or intend to dispatch goods
outside the State other than by way of sale, then he must apply for VAT registration before
applying for CST registration. so above are complete introduction under the VAT and CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana.
Now Telangana VST convert Inot GST
Are you looking for the GST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana State.
Get done your GST Registration with India's No. 1 Portal, Just fill-up below and get started
Implications of Hyderabad or Telangana VAT Registration
If a dealer is VAT registered, he can issue tax invoices on which customer VAT dealer can claim
credit for the tax. The frequency of submitting VAT returns is monthly to the Commercial Taxes
Department and one has to keep proper books of accounts.
Steps to Register under VAT and CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana state
1 Download VAT 100 here
2 Fill up Form VAT 100: Important Guidelines
a Sl. No. 1 to 5: Self explanatory
b Sl. No. 6: Indicate major business activities – not exceeding 5
c Sl.No.7: Indicate major commodities to be traded – not exceeding 5
d Sl. No. 8 and 9: Self explanatory
e Sl. No. 10: Use Form VAT 100A for giving address of additional place of business if needed
f Sl. No.11: Use Form VAT 100B for giving details of owners, Partners, Directors if needed
g Sl. No. 12 to 13: Self explanatory
h Sl. No. 14: Indicate likely date of first sale transaction
i Sl. No. 15 to 23: Self explanatory
j Sl. No. 24: Indicate here any other information which is not covered up to Sl. No. 23.
3 Download VAT Form 100A if needed
a. Sl. No. 1 to 3: Self explanatory
4 Download VAT Form 100B if needed here
a. Sl. No. 1 to 9 : Self Explanatory
5 Paste Photo at assigned places
6 Sign the applications
7 Enclose following Documents required for the VAT and CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana State
- Evidence of ownership over business premises or
- Self attested copy of Rent/lease agreement (Registered) if property is taken on Rent/lease.
In case of unregistered agreement, one can pay Document Registration Fee at CTO office also
- Self attested copy of latest Electricity Bill of Business premises in support of Electricity
connection to business premises.
- At least One Evidence of proof of residence of Sole Proprietor, Person responsible, Directors,
Partners: Self attested.
- EPIC Card, Passport, Driving License, Bank Statement, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill,
Photo Identity Card issued by Government, Public Sector, Recognized Educational Institution,
Public Ltd Company,
- Copy of Bye Laws of Company, Partnership Firm, Society, Trust if applicable,
- Bank Statement for proof of Bank Account Number
- Photo Copy of PAN card
How to Get Online with the Help from Professionals ?
You can Signup on MyOnlineCA Portal and Place a Request & Got the Good Package for the VAT or CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana State.
Hope this Article regarding the VAT and CST Registration in Hyderabad or Telangana is helpful for you. if you have any Query just Place a Request on MyOnlineCA.