Most of the Indian startups when they want to approach to Angel Investor or any VC Firms, they need a perfect slides for presentation which attract to investor and help to understand the business. so today we share perfect 12 Slide Info which you have to must include in your startup pitch.
1) Cover slide
· Company name and logo
· Contact details (city, e-mail, mobile)
· One line that clearly describes the concept/product/service
· Highlight what will each member of the team do in the venture, and why he/she is best suited for the role
· Indicate if the person is a co-founder or founding team member or an employee – against each, indicate the % of equity held (currently or planned if not yet distributed)
3) What is the issue / pain point that your product / solution addresses
· Explain why your customers need your solution
· Mention what they are currently doing and how your product/service is a better solution
4) Product / Technology Overview
· Highlight the uniqueness of the product or service or technology and NOT the technical details of list of features of the solution
5) Business model
· This is about how you will make money from this business opportunity.
· This is NOT the excel sheet. In simple terms, this is about who will pay how much and to whom for you product
6) What is the size of the market opportunity?
· Be clear about who and where is going to buy your product/service and how much they would pay for it.
· Mention the size of the opportunity in the markets you are planning to address (e.g. In India, there are ____ number of parents who will buy our service at Rs/$_____ per year. This translates into a market potential of Rs/$_____ per year. In year 3, we plan to tap US and Canada, and the size of the opportunity there is Rs/$_______ (No. of parents ______ x Price per year_____)
· This section is NOT about what your plans are, but about what the size of the market is. This section should therefore give a sense about how many customers are there in your target market and at the price that you are selling your product at, what is the revenue potential if all of them were to buy (not that they will, but this is to give an indication of what the size of the market is)
7) Current traction
· What have you achieved so far – product, customers, revenues, etc.
· If you have, include photographs (e.g. if you have physical stores or products that you manufacture or office pictures).
8) Competitive landscape
· Who are you currently or in future likely to compete against and what is your plan to win this battle?
· Explain why this is better than competition (a comparison chart is usually not seen seriously by investors because all presentations tend to show a comparison chart that will be favorable to your solutions/product)
9) Financials current and projections
· Summary of your business plan excel sheet for 3 years (Note: the detailed excel sheet is NOT required. Just key figures at annual level for 3 years is sufficient for the preliminary evaluation. If there is sufficient interest from investors in the venture, then we will evaluate your excel sheet and business case in detail)
· Break up your costs into Capex and Opex (In Opex highlight major cost components – salaries, marketing, etc.)
· Cover the unit economics i.e. how much revenue do you get per transaction/customer, how much does it cost you to service that customer/order
10) Funding needs, use of funds and proposed valuation
· Describe how much money you want to raise and what these funds will be used for
· Mention if there are other co-investors (or others who have already committed)
· Clearly indicate how long these funds will last and what you will be able to achieve with these funds (E.g. This investment of $______ will last us for _____ months. With this, we will be able to get to _______ customers and _______ in revenues)
· Clearly mention if you are going to require follow on capital, and if so, how much (e.g. post this, we will raise a Series A round of $ _______ )
· What is the valuation you are seeking for this round
11) Current equity structure, fundraising history and investors
· Table of current equity holding (cap table)
· How much money have you invested
· Mention previous investment history including year, amount and investors.
12) Exit options
· How do you think the investors can exit (i.e. who will buy their equity or do you feel that this can be an IPO)
· IF you can, give examples of exits in your industry (or comparable examples)
Credit and Source : Indian Angel Network.
Need Help in Legal Documentation and Terms Sheet During the Pitch ?
other legal registration
Get the deals : Follow us
we securely accept
MyOnlineCA is India's fastest growing "Legal Service Provider Company" attempting to provide better legal solutions via technology and reduce the cost via automation.
We help you to register your business anywhere in India to manage legal compliance at your fingertips. Best Legal Service Provider Company rating of 4.8/5 based on 250+ social reviews.
Startup Recognition :DIPP9122
CIN : U74140RJ2015PTC048757
GSTIN : 08AAKCM0506E1ZT