Sell on Flipkart : A Quick Start Guide to Register on Flipkart
Today we talk about the “Sell on Flipkart : A Quick Start Guide to Register on Flipkart” and How to Register on Flipkart as a seller. These days lot of entrepreneurs want to sell their products with the ecommerce marketplace like Flipkart/Snapdeal/Amazon/Shopclues/Ebay & many more. Most of the big ecommerce companies open the seller portal where seller can easily register on the portal and sell their products in all over India.
So Flipkart is one of the most popular ecommerce website in India. According to Flipkart alexa statistics its India’s Top 10 Website in terms of traffic. It is founded in 2007 by Sachin and Binny Bansal where it is headquartered in Bangalore. Its now employs more than 33000 People and 2846 Crore in terms of revenue for the financial year 2014 according to Flipkart wikipedia page. Flipkart is the leader in Indian e-commerce with maximum online reach and highest credibility With more than 4.5 crore registered customers and 80 lakh shipments every month to over 1000 cities according to their seller hub page.
Now let’s learn about How Flipkart works for the Seller and you can sell through flipkart.
How to sell on Flipkart
Flipkart is not registered as Individual person,It’s only registered the business persons like Sole Proprietorship Firms, Partnership Firms, Private Limited Company, Limited Liability Partnership , Limited Companies. its mainly require the tax registration that is called VAT ( Value Added Tax Registration). VAT is only a tax registration which is levied on the products.
So VAT and Business registration are both different things. As per Flipkart Seller Hub its need following documents and Legal registration as checklist.
Legal Checklist for Sell on Flipkart
Pan Card Copy
a) In the case of sole Proprietorship Firm – Its Proprietor Individual person Pan Card.
b) In the case of Partnership Firm – Its Partnership Firm Pan Card.
c) In the case of Private Limited Company or OPC or LLP – Its Company Pan Card.
VAT/CST or TIN Number :-
VAT/CST Registration is mandatory for the business to selling products offline and online in India. So its mandatory for all type of products except some products which are not levied VAT.
As per Flipkart Seller Hub its not mandatory for the Books and Un- Stitched dress Material.
What is VAT in Simple Words ?
VAT is a like state tax so every state has a different rules and regulation regarding the VAT. When you sell a product in your state or outside the India , you have to recover the VAT from the customer and pay to the government so ultimate burden is on the customer but its recover on the each stage by the seller or dealer. For the More info you can checkout Business Portal of Government of India
How to apply for the VAT ?
VAT is state tax registration so for the selling online you have to must apply for the CST also that is similar with the VAT when you are selling outside state. For the VAT Registration you have to must hire a legal professional or through some online website like myonlineca. but if you wanna apply yourself then you can do it.
So following are common steps in each state for Apply VAT Registration in India for sell on Flipkart :-
- Find the State Government portal of the VAT (In Most of the state its online) like in Mumbai VAT Registration
- Apply for the Online Application and Get Registered your Initial Application and upload the required documents.
- In Most of the state there is requirements for the VAT Security as Fixed Deposit or Guarantor.
- Government VAT officer verify the documents and provide provisional VAT Number.
- Government VAT Inspector schedule a time & date for the physical verification of the registered office or place.
Current Bank Account and Supporting KYC Documents regarding sell on Flipkart :-
After the VAT Registration you have to open a current bank account on the business name. It’s can be opened on VAT Certification basis. its needed ID Proof, Address Proof, and Cancelled cheque copy.
Opening a Current Account is simple, here’s how:
- Collect the application form from the desired bank and fill it
- Submit passport size photographs for every account holder – proprietors, partners, office-bearers, trustees or Directors
- Submit a proof of identity – PAN Card/ Voter ID Card/ Passport/ Driving License
- Submit a proof of address – Latest Telephone/Electricity Bill
- Submit the following required documents :-
- Private and Public Limited Companies –
- PAN or GIR No.
- List of Directors with their respective residential addresses
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Board resolution authorising the opening and operation of the account
- Certificate of Incorporation and Commencement of Business
- Partnership Firms –
- Shop and Establishment Certificate
- Partnership Deed and Registration Certificate
- Letter from partners approving the persons concerned to open and operate the account
- Proprietorships –
- PAN or GIR No.
- Latest passport-size photographs of all the authorized signatories
- Letter of HUF duly signed by Karta and all Co-Parceners
- Names of Karta and Co-Parceners with their respective residential addresses
- Letter of proprietorship, duly signed by the proprietor in his or her individual capacity (with a rubber stamp) from Hindu Undivided Family
- Certificate from State Government or a Statutory Body or Trade License or Sales Tax Certificate or Shop and Establishment Certificate
- Private and Public Limited Companies –
Note : Sales Tax Certificate and VAT Registration Certificate is the same thing.[alert-warning]VAT and CST on Ecommerce Business in India[/alert-warning]
What are Fee Charged by Flipkart from Seller
When you sell the products through Flipkart and then Flipkart is charge a closing fee and selling commission on the products.
so following factors is charged by the Flipkart from seller to selling their products :-
- Selling commission: A percentage of the item price paid by the customer
- Fixed closing fee
- No closing fee for products with item price less than Rs 250
- Closing fee of Rs 5 for products for price ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 500
- Closing fee of Rs 10 for products above Rs 500
- Shipping fee (calculated on the basis of the product weight and shipping location)
- Service tax (applicable on all of the above components)
Example : How Flipkart Earn and Charge the Commission and Closing Fee
|Selling Price (decided by you)||1000|
|Selling Commission (varies across products)||50 (assuming 5%)|
|Shipping Fee (Local)||29.4|
|Fixed closing Fee||10|
|Total Marketplace Fee||89.4|
|Service Tax (14% of Marketplace Fee)||12.5|
|Settlement Value (Amount credited to you)||898.1|
How Flipkart Works as Marketplace Model
- List your products under specific product categories.
- Once an order is received, pack the product and mark it as ‘Ready to Dispatch’. Our logistics partner will pick up the product and deliver it to the customer.
- Once an order is successfully dispatched, Flipkart will settle your payment within 5-7 business days.
How to Sing up on Flipkart Seller Hub
Following steps are taken for the Sing up on Flipkart as Seller
- Go to Flipkart Seller Hub Page
- Sign up with the require Details
- Upload your required documents
- Verify the Documents and Activate your Account.
- Start Listing your Products and Be Entrepreneurs.
if you have any query regarding the legal things to register on Flipkart then you can take the help from MyOnlineCA Legal Experts at your fingertips or Download the App For Live Chat with Legal Experts ” MyOnlineCA App “.
So Hope this Article very helps you regarding the sell on flipkart. MyOnlineCA Team Reviews 5 Star to Flipkart Seller Hub Team and their portal which is very user friendly. you can checkout Flipkart Seller Hub FAQ List of Flipkart Seller Hub which is very helpful to solve your every regarding the portal.
[cta id=”536″ align=”none”]