If you want to start your business in Maharashtra then you have to obtain Gumasta license. Gumasta license is required for commercial establishments operating in Maharashtra. Gumasta license is also known as shop and establishment act license. It is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act.
Is it required for tourist vehicle?
The Gumasta license is required for every business whether small trading business or service based business. You require a Gumasta license to open a current bank account on your firm’s name. Even when you are operating a tourist vehicle it is required to have Gumasta license. Every commercial business whether small or large requires a Gumasta license. So the owner of the tourist vehicle business should also obtain gumasta license.
Advantages of Gumasta License
- After getting Gumasta license you will get tax subsidies form government of Maharashtra.
- It serves as a proof of legal entity.
- Most of Banks ask for Gumasta license for opening a current account
- It is easy to get loan from government.
- Visit the official website http://www.mcgm.gov.in
- You have to select option of Shops and Establishment
- You have to click on “Apply for registration”
- You have to fill the form
- Once the form is filled with necessary details and the relevant documents; you need to enter the “Challan Number”. Or else you can pay the Gumasta License Fees online as well.
Note – “Challan Number” – after paying the fees at the bank, you will be provided with a number that will be “Challan Number”.
- Click on “Submit” button; if everything goes right a UTN number will be provided to you.
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Address proof
- Application letter in the prescribed form
- Proof of ownership of property
- Authority letter for business
- Partnership deed
- Incorporation certificate of company
Conclusion for Gumasta license for tourist vehicle
We can see from the above discussion that Gumasta license in mandatory in Maharashtra state. If you are thinking of starting a business in Maharashtra then you have to obtain this license. Gumasta license is required for tourist vehicle also. So if you are thinking of starting a business of tourist vehicle then you should obtain the license. It will give you legal identity and gives you tax subsidies and other benefits.