The CBDT has just released new income tax return form ITR-2A on 23th June 2015 for filing Income tax return for the year 2015. E-filing for this income tax return form has not been enabled yet. Here are the main highlights of the form.
- This form is applicable for those who have salary income and own more than one house property and DO NOT have any capital gains
- However, those who have Long-term capital gains from transactions on which Securities Transaction Tax is paid which are exempt from tax can still use this income tax return form.
- A field for mentioning passport number has been added
- Bank account details are now required for all accounts held – no details required for dormant accounts
- NRIs can file ITR-2A if applicable
This income tax return form CANNOT be filed by those who have –
- Income from Capital Gains
- Income from Business or Profession
- Any claim of relief/deduction under section 90, 90A or 91
- Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India
- Any resident having income from any source outside India.
Write to us email@example.com , if you have any questions
File this year your income tax return with MyOnlineCA ( India’s Legal Marketplace where you can compare the pricing and hire the local professional )
Call us anytime at +919990416158 for more information.