In this article we will let you know your PAN Card Details of Income Tax. In India filing of Income tax return is mandatory for every person who is liable to pay income tax and filing of Income tax cannot be done without having a PAN card. PAN is a permanent account number and it is printed on PAN card that is plastic card having unique digit number on it. PAN card is issued by the income tax department of India and without PAN you cannot file your income tax return so PAN card is mandatory for income tax purposes and it is also an important document for bank purposes and for loan purposes and for verification of identity. So PAN is an important document and if you lost your PAN card and don’t know your PAN then it is not a big problem you can know your PAN, for which you have to follow a procedure then you will be able to know your PAN. This article talks about the feature of know your PAN that is available on the portal of Income tax department of India.
Know your PAN Card
Know your PAN is a feature which is available on the official website of Income tax department of India and through this feature you can get your permanent account number easily. You have to fill your general details like your name and date of birth and other required details then you will get your Permanent account number. You can use this feature anytime and anywhere because it is an online process.
Steps to Know your PAN Card
- First step of know your PAN Card is you have to visit the official website of e filing of income tax return or you can click on this link https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- After opening of above given website, you have to click on the option of “know your PAN Card”
- After clicking on the option of “know your PAN Card” a window will open in which you have to enter your details like your name, your surname, your middle name.
- Then you have to choose a category or choose a status of your PAN, there are options available of HUF, company and other option are available you have to choose your PAN category.
- Then you have to choose your gender there are options available you have to choose a gender of your PAN. And it is an optional details which is not important you can leave this also.
- Then you have to fill your date of birth.
- Then you have to enter your mobile number so you will get an OTP (one time password) on your mobile. Then you have to click on the submit button and you have to enter that OTP number on the page which will be open after submitting.
- After submitting your OTP, you will get the information of jurisdiction, and status of your PAN. So after submitting of OTP you will get your Permanent account number and you should note that PAN number so you can use this for further purposes.
Recommend : How to Change Name in Pan Card
As you can see in above article that having a PAN number is very important for completing income tax purposes and other important purpose like bank loan and opening of a bank account or for identification. Without PAN number you may be not able to open your bank account and you will not be able to complete your filing of income tax return so in case if you lost your PAN card and you don’t remember your Permanent account number then it is not a big problem for you, as above mentioned you can get your permanent account number through feature of know your PAN Card which is available on the website of e-filing of income tax return and there is no need of any document, you can get your PAN by following an easy steps which is above mentioned so in case if you lost your PAN then you can follow the above given steps and you will get your PAN through feature of know your PAN Card.