How to Protect Domain Name in India with Trademark
Today on Legal Adda which is powered by MyOnlineCA learn about the Trademark and Domains names in india. basically as a Internet based Startup or Business we always don’t know about the how to protect our valuable domain like such as .com, .net, .org or any other Indian TLD Domain like .in, .co.in.
Basically when a Internet based business started in india. First thing they register a domain name with popular registrar like Godaddy, Hostgator,Inmotion & Many More. In the world all the Major G TLD Domain is hold by ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).
How to Check Domain Name with the Trademark in India :-
a) Go to Zauba Corp Trademark user friendly search and checkout that your desired brand name is available or not.
b) Go to Instant Domain Name search tool and checkout most of the popular TLD Domain names available or not.
c) Now you can purchase all the popular domains from the registrar like godaddy or any other one.
What Next ?
You have to apply for the Trademark Registration in India for Domain Name on that brand name and secure your brand as well for the offline business or online business.
You can use also our website myonlineca to register your brand name.
What are the Benefits if you take the Trademark on your brand name or logo :-
Trademarks benefit both businesses and consumers. Trademarks allow businesses to build an identity and reputation with customers, and thereby grow or expand their business. They allow consumers to take an informed buying decision by searching out familiar brand names and avoid bad buying experiences by avoiding the brands they didn’t like.
1. Confers upon the owner the exclusive right to use the brand.
2. Protects hard earned goodwill in the business.
3. Protects your Name / Brand Name from being used in a same or similar fashion, by any other business firm, thus discourages others from cashing on your long built goodwill.
4. Gives your products a status of ‘Branded Goods’.
5. To obtain legal relief in respect of infringement (misuse by others) of the trade mark.
6. Power to assign (transfer) the trade mark to others for consideration.
What are the Other Benefits From Internet Based Business Point of View :-
- you can protect your domain , if you have the trademark. Trademark protect your work mark as your brand name so its also protect the word mark in domain name.
- you claim if some one other person register another domain like .pk TLD Domain from Pakistan so you can claim your Domain with the Wordmark.
- Once your trademark is registered then no one other person can be used that work mark for the Google Adwords without your permission.