In this article, we will let you know about copyright and how to copyright a website in India. If you want to get a copyright for your website then you have to follow the procedure for copyright registration this article will give you an idea about copyright and its procedure.
What is a copyright?
In simple words, copyright means it protects the right of an original work owned by an individual and it gives exclusive rights to the owner he can reproduce, distribute, perform the copyrighted work. A person can copyright his work as music, art, literature, photography, cinema, website etc. After getting a copyright on your work no one can breach your rights and if anyone copies your work then he will be liable under the copyright act. Copyright gives you an exclusive right and your work will be protected under the copyright laws. There is no age limit to attain copyright for your work even a minor can get copyright for his work. Any person can apply copyright for his original work.
How to copyright a website in India?
- You can apply for copyright through offline or online mode. In offline mode, you have to fill the application and then have to send this application to the department of copyright along with fee of copyright. Once your application file, you will get a diary number which is generated after filing of the application. After filing of application your application will go to the examination department if they find any error in your application then they will inform you so you can remove the defects and if anyone objects your copyright and if your copyright work is already copyrighted then in case your copyright application may be rejected.
- If you want to register your copyright through online application then it will be easier for you. If you want to register your copyright through online application then you have to fill your application on the website of copyright. First, you have to visit the official website of copyright registration ( http://copyright.gov.in/ ) then you have to click on the button of new copyright registration.
- After clicking on the new registration button a new page will open where you have to make your login ID and during the whole process of the registration process, you have to log in through this ID. So first you have to make your ID on the website.
- After signup on the website click on the link of online copyright registration then you have to fill the online application of registration. During filling of this application, you have to fill your personal and profession details and have to give information about your work for which you want to get copyright. This online form is to be filled up in four easy steps. First is you have to fill the complete form then you have to press on the save button so your application will be saved on the website then you have to click on step 2 to move to next step.
- Then you have to fill the statement of particular then you have to save this and then you can move to the 3rd After clicking on the 3rd step you have to fill the information about your work so fee o registration will we charged according to your work after filling this you have to click on the next button.
- In the last step, you have to pay your registration fee you can pay through online or offline mode. After submission of fee, you will get a diary number which is generated after completion of form so you can use this for future reference. After submission of the form, it will get 30 days for its registration. In case if there is already filed a copyright for your work then your application may be rejected.
Recommend: How to Copyright a Logo in India
Recommend:- How to Copyright a Book in India
Recommend:- How to Copyright a Song in India
As you can see in the above article that copyright protection and trademark registration is important nowadays because anyone can copy your work and copyright will give protection for your work and anyone breach your right then he will get punishment under the copyright act. If you want to get copyright for your website then it is very easy you can file your form online on the website of copyright registration. You will get copyright on your work after 30 days of filing of application. So as you can see above it is very easy to get copyright on your work and it is also important to get copyright on your work so you should consider the above-given points.