In this guide, we will let you know complete process of how to Copyright a song in India. Copyright protection is very important because without copyright protection anyone can copy your song and make a pirate version of your song and misuse. Copyright will give you an exclusive right and your song will be protected, if anyone copies your song or try to breach your rights then he will get punishment under the copyright act. This article talks about the copyright and procedure to get a copyright on a song so it will give you an idea about copyright and its procedure.
How to copyright a song in India
- You can apply for copyright a song in India through offline or online mode. In offline mode, you have to fill the application in which you have to fill all required details like personal, professional and work details and along with application you have to submit the required fees for registration.
- After submission of your registration application of copyright a song in India you have to wait for 30 days for copyright approval because after submission of application, the examination department of copyright will examine your song and if there is objection received for your song then your copyright application may be rejected so after the proper examination of your work and if anything goes right then only you will get a copyright on your song.
- If you don’t want to follow the offline procedure then you can choose the online procedure for registration under the copyright department. Online procedure is very easy and simple. First, you have to visit the official website of copyright registration then you have to sign up on the website which means you have to create a login ID on the website. During creating your login ID you have to give fill the required information like your e-mail id, phone number.
- After creating your id on the website you have to click on the ‘new registration’ button. After clicking on the new registration an application form will open and you have to fill that form.
- You to fill the required information like name, address, the nationality of the applicant, class of the work, a title of work, language of the work, whether work is published or not and other details. So first you have to fill the application form and after filling this form you have to save this and click on the next button for further step.
- After clicking on the next button a new page will open in which you have to fill the statement of further particulars in which you have to fill the required details like work to be registered is original or not, if it is adaption of a work then you have to fill the details of that work and other required details. After filling this form you have to click on the save and next button.
- Then you have to fill the remaining required details in your application and after filling of remaining details you have to save your application and proceed to the payment of fees. You have to pay the prescribed fee for your application because paying the prescribed fee you may not be able to submit your form so you have submitted the fees for registration.
- After submission of fee your form will be submitted online and after 30 days if everything goes well you will get your copyright on your song. As above mentioned in the article it will take time because the examination department will examine your copyright application and they will examine your work.
Recommend: How to Copyright a Website in India
Recommend: How to Copyright a Logo in India
Recommend: How to Copyright a Book in India
As you can see in the above article that how to copyright a song in India and why copyright protection is very important nowadays because it is very easy to copy a song and make pirated songs so if you are thinking of protection for your original song then you should copyright your original song because it is very important to secure your original work under the copyright act. Copyright will give you many rights under copyright act and you will get an exclusive right on your song. If you are thinking of registration under copyright then you can file your application through offline or online mode. Online mode is very easy and simple you have to file your online application and you can also pay prescribed fee online. After 30 days of submission of your application, you will get your copyright on your song. If you are thinking of copyright on your then you should consider the above-given points it will help you.