Lot of NRI(Non Resident Indian) confuse about the Documents required to Open a Company For NRI in India. NRI always want to start a Business in India but when they come to legal documentation, they are completely confused because on the internet or anywhere they found mostly Information about the Indian person documents checklist. So Today we share a Checklist of the Documents which is required to Open a Company in India for the NRI’s.
First of all we have to understand about the Legal Structure about the Company like How many type of legal entities NRI can be registered in India.
In India mostly there are 5 Type of Legal Entities –
- Sole Propreitorship Firm
- Partnership Firm
- One Person Company
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Private Limited Company
Mostly NRIs are Opt for the Option 4 and Option 5 because in other cases they have to be resident in India and they are not proper companies. So Let’s talk about a Documents Checklist which is required for the Private Limited Company and Limited Liability Partnership Firm for the Non Resident Indians.
Documents Checklist for the Private Limited Company or Limited Liability Partnership Firm(LLP) In case of
NRI(Non Resident Indians)
Documents Required for the DIN & DSC
● Copy of Passport Copy Which is attested by Consulate of Indian Embassy or Foreign Public Notary.
● Copy of Driving License/ Bank Statement or Electricity Bills copy or Any Property Tax Payment Receipt which is attested by Consulate of Indian Embassy or Foreign Public Notary.
Address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of Incorporation filings forms.
● Latest Photograph in JPG Format
● Current Occupation, Email and Mobile Number with Education Qualification.
Information Required for the Name Approval
● Names of the proposed Company ( At least three – four name options along with the reasons for choosing the name)
● Amount of Share Capital.
● Proposed Shareholding Ratio between the promoters.
● A paragraph on the proposed major line of business of the company (main objects)
● Full Address of the Registered Office of the Company along with the Address of Nearest Police Station. (You can register your residential address as registered office of the company)
● Copy of the NOC from the owner of the Registered Office ( Format would be provided to you at later stage)
● Copy of Latest Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Gas Bill of the Registered Office.
So this is Complete Checklist of the Documents which is required to open a Company in India by the Non Residents Indians. They include as Director in the Private Limited Company or Partner in the Limited Liability Partnership. In both case they can enjoy limited liablity feature. if you have any Query regarding the open a Company in India by the NRI’s then just drop a email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Live Chat with MyOnlineCA Here