Documents required for service tax registration
Today we discussed about the “Documents required for Service Tax Registration“. Service tax registration is needed when your turnover is cross 9 lac rupees but in the case of sole proprietorship firm most of the people apply service tax registration certificate in the starting. the reason is they have to open a current bank account but banks need at least one legal certification on their firm.
so today we explained here about a complete legal checklist regarding the Documents required for service tax registration.
Common Documents required for service tax registration
- Copy of the PAN Card of the Proprietor or the Legal Entity registered.
- Photograph and Proof of Identity of the person filling the application namely PAN Card, Passport, Voter Id Card, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, or any other photo identity card issued by the Central Govt., State Govt., or Public Sector Undertaking.
- Document to establish possession of the premises to be registered such as proof of ownership, lease or rent agreement, allotment letter from the govt, No Objection from the Legal Owner.
- Details of the main bank account
- Memorandum/ Articles of Association/ List of Directors
- Authorisation by the Board of Directors/ Partners/Proprietor for the person filing the application.
- Business Transaction Numbers obtained from other govt departments or agencies such as Customs Registration No. (BIN No.), Import Export Code (IEC) No., State Sales Tax No. (VAT) Central Sales Tax No., Company Index No. (CIN) which have been issued prior to the filing of the Service Tax Registration application.
Documents required for service tax registration in the case of Private Limited Company :-
- Memorandum/ Articles of Association.
- List of Director with ID & Address Proof.
- Board Resolution regarding authorizing any director of the company to sign, deal and comply with provision of the service tax rules and regulations.
Documents required for service tax registration in the case of Partnership Firm :-
- Partnership Deed Copy
- All the Partners ID and Address Proof.
- Business Transaction Numbers obtained from other govt departments or agencies such as State Sales Tax No. (VAT) Central Sales Tax No. which have been issued prior to the filing of the Service Tax Registration application.
Some Important Points regarding the Documents required for service tax registration –
- Documents Should be self attested copies.
- Pan Card is Mandatory thing of the Proprietor or legal Entity
- Aadhar Card or Voter id or Driving License address is not affect the business place address.
- Mostly State Service tax department will accept Utility bills copy as business address proof.
- In some cases Undertaking and Declaration is needed by the department.
- ST-2 issued within 2 days after the submit your application but in some case department will proceed only after the getting original documents.
so following above documents are required regarding the documentation for the service tax registration. Service Tax Registration is completely Online Procedure but it’s require to send the documents to the department so always keep in mind that all the documents are should be proper. Even if assessee have not great knowledge about the ST-1 Filings then they have to must hire a legal professional.
You can done your Service Tax Registration Completely Online with MyOnlineCA at best rates. For any Query just regarding the documentation or other legal things just place a request in below form and get instant solutions in your inbox with Chat/Mail/Call.