Are you a Director of a company or A proposed then getting A DIN Number is essential for you, In This article, we will inform you about how you can get DIN Number Registration in India, the purpose of DIN Number, Procedure for DIN registration and Where it is used.So please read This Article carefully to gain more insights into this matter.
What is DIN Number Registration or Where it is used
DIN Number or Director Identification Number is a unique identification 8 digit number that is required for any existing Director of a Company. Director Identification Number (DIN) is introduced in India under Companies Amendment Act, 2006. The Director Identification Number provides a unique identity to the director which helps in maintaining information and Record of all directors of a company in a database. According to Companies Amendment Act, 2006, Director Identification Number (DIN) is essential for all existing and new directors or proposed directors of a private limited company registration and DIN has lifetime validity.
Purpose of a DIN
The DIN Number provides a unique identity to the director helps in maintaining information of all directors in a database. DIN Number contain all information regarding the director i.e name, PAN number and also their present address etc which will enable to verify details of the person who is a director of a company and ensure that the director’s identity is valid and all information provided is accurate and faithful. Whenever a return, an application or any information related to a company is submitted under any law and the director’s sign is mentioned his DIN(Director Identification Number) is also mentioned underneath his signature on such a document.
What is the role of DSC in DIN
A DSC ( Digital Signature Certificate) is in the form of a USB which is necessary for applying for the Director Identification Number (DIN) and is valid for a period of one to two years.
To obtain a DSC, you must file an application which will include your signature and also an identity proof and residence proof. All documents that will be submitted needs to be self-attested by the applicant.For foreigners and NRIs, the self-attested copies and identity proofs must be notarized by a notary public or verified by their respective embassy or in case of NRI, Indian Embassy verification is necessary.
- Documents required for the DIN Number
- Documents that are accepted as valid proof are as follows:
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Voters ID card
- Student SSC / HSC / Graduation / Post-graduation Degrees Certificate
- Birth certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Electricity bill
- Mobile / Telephone bill
- Water Bill
- Gas Bill
- Property Tax/ Corporation/ Municipal Corporation Receipt
- Service Tax/VAT Tax/Sales Tax registration certificate
- Bank Statement attested by the banker
- PF statement
Documents required for the DIN Number
- For a person residing in India, PAN is required for proof of identity.
- For a person residing in a foreign nation, a passport is sought as a valid proof of identity.
- Address proofs like passport, election (voter identity) card, and ration card, driving license, electricity bill, telephone bill or aadhaar shall be attached and should be in the name of the applicant only.
- For Indian applicant, documents should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the eForm.
- For the foreign applicant, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the eForm.
How to apply for the DIN Registration Online in India
The DIN Number application should be submitted to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website, along with the scanned copies of photograph, identity and address proofs.The detailed procedure of DIN Application is as follows:
- Download Form- DIR-3 from MCA Portal, Obtain DSC and get scanned copies of all required documents
- Click the “New User” link on the MCA portal homepage (Link: http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/login.do)
- Select appropriate User category and role and fill your personal and contact details.
- Enter a User ID of your choice and depending upon the user category & role selected, enter a password or select your digital signature certificate. Your User ID can be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 11 characters. The password can be 8 to 10 characters long and should contain at least one numeric character, one upper case, and one lower case alphabet and should not contain any special character such as *, &, $, _ etc.
- Provide a hint question and its answer that will be used in case you forget your password or to change/ update your DSC later.
- Type the randomly displayed system generated text in the box provided, for authentication.
- Click ‘Create My Account’ button to submit the details for registration.
- Acknowledgement for successful registration will be displayed on the screen
- A confirmation email will also be sent to your email ID as provided by you.
After the login id is created, you need to Login to the MCA21 portal and click on e-Form upload under the e- Forms tab for uploading the form and after you need to make payment of fees by net banking, credit card/debit card etc. If the application is satisfactory and all information provided is relevant, a DIN number is generated immediately. In case of further information is required by the DIN cell, they need to be provided by the applicant.The DIN Registration application gets processed in 2 to 3 days, making it easy for directors to obtain them during the company registration procedure. A notification with the DIN allotment letter is sent to the applicants after completion of the process.
Need Help on DIN Number Registration ?
Need Help with Acquiring DIN Number , You can always seek Help of our professionals at MyOnlineCA- One Of The Trustful Online Legal Company In India.