if you want to start a Business in India then Courier Industry is one of the fasted growing markets in India. Even after the rising of the e-commerce business in India courier industry growing day by day. So Today Let’s learn about Courier Business in India so you can start your own Courier Business or Company in India.
Courier Business Market in India 2016
The Indian courier industry size is estimated at Rs. 14,000 crores in 2015-16. As a premium segment, the courier industry is a small but significant segment of the logistics industry. It is one of the fastest growing segments of the industry. The industry is expected to grow at 17% per annum to Rs. 20,000 crores in the next three years.
How to Start a Courier Business in India
In India, entrepreneurs have 2 Option for the starting a Courier Business in India –
a) Set your own Logistics and Courier Company
b) Take a Franchise from reputed and well established Courier Company
a) Set your Own Logistic and Courier Company –
If you are thinking about to set up your own Courier Company in India then its required lot of money initially to setup the network. There are a lot of such small players in India which are doing well but the reputed foreign Companies are well established in the Logistic business in India.
Here is the Top 10 Courier Companies in India which are well-established players –
- Indian Postal Services – it’s established in 1774 and more than 1.5 lakh post offices
- DHL Express India Private Limited – its established in 1969 and has a global presence in more than 200 countries.
- Blue Dart Express Limited – its established in 1994 & its is a subsidiary of DHL.
- First Flight Courier Limited – its established in 1986 & has around 1200 domestic offices.
- Fedex India – its established in 1973 & distribution offices in 220 countries
- DTDC Courier and Cargo Limited – its established in 1990 & hold reasonable market share in courier service in India.
- TNT Express – it’s established in 1974 & have a presence in more than 190 countries.
- Gati Limited – Its established in 1989 & has a strong market presence in south Asia and Asia pacific region.
- Overnight Express Limited – Its established in 1987 & Serving more than 2800 location in the country.
- The Professional Courier Network Limited – Its established in 1987 & has 20 regional offices and over 20 K + serving locations.
So before starting your own Courier Company in India you have to raise the funds from the Investors. You can set up a Private Limited Company in India & raise the funds through investor by allotting the shares of your Company.
In India apart from above big Logistic companies, there are a lot of Indian Startups like Delhivery which started from the scratch and today it’s India’s top well established E-Commerce Logistics Player. Below is the Great Image on their Story. You can Read here about them
Even in the Courier Industry you can learn from the Fred Smith which is the Founder of the Leading Company FedEx. You can Learn about him How he started the Fedex .
Checklist to Starting your Own Courier Company or Business in India –
- A lot of Money from the Investors through Angel or Venture Capital or other Sources.
- Setup a Legal Entity as Private limited Company in India.
- Apply for the proper tax registration like Service Tax.
- Build a Team and Invest in the Service Quality & Trainings.
- Build a Great Network.
b) Take a Franchise from reputed and well established Courier Company –
In India due to lack of funds everyone can’t open their own Courier Company even most of the Successful Logistics Startups learn about the Courier or Logistics industry by taking the franchise from other Companies and after the understanding about the Market, they are going with the Big Plans.
So Today we have a lot of Courier or Logistics Business Franchise Opportunity in India where we can start from very small amount of capital.
You have to require just following things to apply for any type of the Courier Business Franchise in India –
- a Legal Entity Setup with the Proper Tax Registration & License
- a Small Space for the opening your Franchise with the Agreement.
- a Small Security Deposit which is vary and depend on the Courier Company.
- Financial Credentials like bank statement or bank passbook
- Approval Letter from the Courier Head office.
- Logistics Agreement between the Franchise and Company
Below is the list of some Well Established Courier Company Franchise Opportunity in India –
- Indian Speed Post office Franchise Opportunity – Here you can apply for the Indian Speed Post office Franchise.
- DHL Express Franchise – You Read about the DHL Franchise Here
- DTDC Franchise – You can Read about the DTC Franchise Here
- First Flight – You can read about the First Flight Franchise Here
Hope you like this article and it’s helpful for you to set your own Courier Business in India
Summary of this Article(Must Share)