Today we discuss with startups "How anyone can apply for VAT Registration in Mumbai or Maharashtra State". its a very important to taking VAT Registration for any kind of business who want to sold goods in India. these days most of the ecommerce business taken VAT Registration in Mumbai to register on Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal and paytm to selling their goods on these marketplace.
MVAT stands for Maharashtra value added tax , Any dealer want to take the TIN number is liable to take the MVAT Registration. After taking mvat registration an dealer can issue the C-form and charge vat on state sale and cst on interstate sale.
Online Step by Step Procedure for MVAT and CST registration in Mumbai.
Amendment in Procedure of MVAT and CST registration in Mumbai – Government of Maharashtra to ease the doing business in Maharashtra has issued an Trade Circular No. 5T of 2015 for the amendment of vat and cst registration , now the dealer need not to visit the departments with original documents. At the time of filing the application an dealer can submit the scan copy of the documents. Department will verify the soft copy of the documents online and issued Registration certificate online. If sales tax department have any query he can call for the physical present of the dealer if required.
Must Read : How to Apply for VAT Registration in Delhi State
Documents Required for VAT and CST Registration in Mumbai
After filing the online application VAT and CST Registration, Vat Acknowledgment will be generated by the system in that Officer Number and Date will be mentioned, On the respective date visit the departments for Photo and Documents Verification with following documents.
1)Proof of constitution of business–
a) Proprietorship – No proof required
b) Partnership – Partnership deed
c) Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) – Copy of the Certification of Incorporation and LLP Agreement
d) Company – Copy of the Certification of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company
2) Proof of permanent residential address of all directors/Partners/Proprietor
(Please provide at least 2 documents out of the following documents containing the name and present address plus Copy of Electricity bill is mandatory- if living with somebody else consent letter is required )
3) Copy of Electricity bill is mandatory if not in your name additionally maintenance receipt is also required
Copy of passport/driving license/election photo identity card/ration card (Any 2 documents)
Proof of place of business
– Address proof and electricity bill of any relative or native place
– NOC from above mentioned relative
– ID proof containing signature of owner
– Owned – Purchase agreement
– One more proof of directors/ Partners/ Proprietor of above-mentioned address
– Compulsory PREVISIT by department in Mumbai if both POB and POR in not in your name. In Nallasopara all the cases are under PREVISIT.
4) Two latest passport size photograph of the applicant ** (Please do not paste the photo on the printout of application.)
5) Copy of PAN card of Company
6) Copy of PAN card of all Directors/ Partners/ Proprietors
7) Demand Draft from Nationalize Bank as specified in Annexure A
For Mumbai location – in favor of Bank of Maharashtra A/C MVAT,payable at Mumbai
For Other Location – in favor of State Bank of India, A/C MVAT, payable at respective locations.
8) In case of Voluntary Registration –Name, Tin no and Signature of dealer registered under Maharashtra VAT for more than 5 years will be required. Details required before filing of form and signature after filing of form –
9)Two cancelled cheque of Current account.
10) Profession Tax number of Directors and Company.-If the profession tax number is not yet taken then apply for the PT number and attach the photocopy of the PT application counter with the Form 101.
11) Form 18 and 32 in case of Companies.
12) After latest circular of mvat DECLARATION-CUM-INDEMNITY FORM will be required as attached in annexure B. make the signature on the form with photo and upload to the department.
Fees for mvat and cst RegistrationOnline Payment from Nationalize Bank
In case of Voluntary Registration
Registration FeeRs. 5040
Security Deposit (Not refundable before 3 years)Rs. 25000
In case of Compulsory Registration (After Crossing Turnover of Rs.10,00,000)
Registration FeeRs. 540
How much Time for mvat and cst registration ?
After filing the online application department will issue a date to appear in the department, Normally it will be done in a 7 Working days . If documents are not proper in first visit than department will accept the documents only on Next Wednesday and Thursday. In case of Pre- visit by the department it will take 15 working days.